FUSION provides a thoughtful balance between practical planning, biblical background information and worship outlines as well as pages that can be used along with a Christian education team. It also includes faith formation resources that families can use to grow their faith at home and in the community.
SeasonsFUSION is designed for:
- large and small congregations looking for resources that integrate or fuse worship, learning, and service, and that support the many ways they practice Christianity
- congregations where age range and numbers make age-level faith formation programs difficult to maintain
- vital congregations committed to faith formation and living their lives together in ways that embody and nourish faith
- congregations that look to lay worship/preaching teams and need study help
- congregations that want to experiment with reshaping their lives together as a worshipping and learning community
- congregations that are looking for support for growing faith and discipleship at home
- congregations that… well, you fill in the blank!
Worship leaders will find FUSION to be the complete package of ministry resources they need. FUSION includes articles to support ministry and share with Sunday School leaders. These give background information on the seasons of the church year, provide worship and sermon ideas, and offer inspiring poetry, prose, and faith practices that can bring worship to life.
FUSION also includes thought-provoking reflective questions for sermon seeds, adult Bible studies, or youth discussions. Worship, learning, and serving notes consider what is going on in the lives of people who will gather on Sunday and provide ideas for how the Biblical theme might intersect and connect with their lives.
Bible stories are an important part of worship. They help children and adults alike understand and engage with the Bible. Each week of FUSION includes a Bible story that can be read during worship for all ages. An accompanying audio file is provided for listening at any time.
Faith stations are ideas for Christian practice and are included in every week of FUSION. They can be adapted for various situations: for mid-week settings, Sunday school, or in the worship service itself. Because the stations offer ideas for various age levels, they are great for small churches that want intergenerational faith formation and to integrate their worship, learning, and service.
Discipleship at Home
Faith formation doesn’t stop when people walk out the door. FUSION helps grow discipleship at home by offering activity sheets for the very young that can be sent home with children. Each season includes an online resource Nurturing Faith and Spirituality at Home, with activities for each week for exploring their faith at home.
Art & Music
Since its beginning, Seasons of the Spirit™ has been committed to engaging the arts in faith formation. Each season of FUSION includes a poster set for display in the church and projecting during worship service.
When you choose FUSION, you get a complete package that includes resources for everyone in your congregation. Anyone in your congregation can access these and more on the site:
- Lection Connection – links between the scripture focus passage and current events or movies each week.
- Tip of the Week – weekly email that helps leaders and teaching teams plan for Sunday.
- Ask the Rabbi – answers to questions from Seasons users about Judaism or the relationship between Christianity and Judaism.
- Virtual Resource Booklet – a 50-page booklet containing crafts, patterns, games, recipes, and more.
- Clip Art
- Lectionary scriptures and themes for the whole year
- Lectionary bookmarks
Lectionary-based Sunday School
SeasonsENCORE Sunday school resources are based on the semi-continuous readings of the Revised Common Lectionary and follow the familiar, easy-to-lead pattern of Focus, Prepare, Gather, Engage, Respond, Bless, and Reflect. A common Biblical Background page outlines the Bible stories for each week and provides commentary on the scripture readings.
As a lectionary-based curriculum, SeasonsENCORE provides Christian education resources for each Sunday of the church year. For the first four weeks of September, SeasonsENCORE users can choose to follow the Revised Common Lectionary or the Season of Creation readings.
SeasonsENCORE shares the same Art Posters, Articles, Music Suggestions, and Biblical Background pages (written new each year) as SeasonsFUSION. Congregations can use both SeasonsFUSION and SeasonsENCORE together, perfectly.
The SeasonsENCORE curriculum for Sunday school is available for seven different age-levels:
Perfect for your next Adult study group, ENCORE Adult is a Bible study resource that helps adults explore their faith through activities and articles that encourage a rich engagement with the Lectionary readings.
ENCORE for Ages 15-18 is a youth ministry resource that promotes the development of leadership skills and encourages young people to serve in the local and global ministries of the church.
This youth ministry resource allows young teens to be self-directed in their learning. With a focus on friendships and community, ENCORE Ages 12-14 encourages communication and connection through various activities that meet the needs of different learning styles.
Children ages 9-11 are introduced to issues of justice and fairness in ENCORE Ages 9-11. This Sunday school curriculum encourages children to work in groups to explore the faith traditions of others, develop Biblical knowledge, and ask questions.
In this popular Sunday school curriculum, leaders will find easy-to-use dramas, stories, and activities that connect with real life. ENCORE Ages 6-8 offers weekly resources that address children’s more abstract thinking skills in the early grades of school.
Preschool-aged children learn through hands-on activities and enjoy routines and rituals. ENCORE Ages 3-5 uses interactive storytelling, puppets, drama, and art to explore Bible stories and make Christian education fun for young children.
Multiage (Ages 5-12)
ENCORE Multiage provides Sunday school activities for a group of up to 15 children between ages 5 and 12. Address different ages, interests, learning styles, and abilities with these “activity zones,” including an Art zone, Music zone, Outreach zone, and Quiet zone.
Seasons Music books and CD’s
There are nine volumes of music books and CDs available.
For Lectionary year A – the selection is from volumes 3, 6 & 9
For Lectionary year B – the selection is from volumes 1, 4 & 7
For Lectionary year C – the selection is from volumes 2, 5 & 8
Download samples here!
- Fusion sample for November 1 2020
- Encore MultiAge ( ages 5-12) sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Ages 3-5 sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Ages 6-8 sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Ages 9-11 sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Ages 12-14 sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Ages 15-18 sample for November 1 2020
- Encore Adult sample for November 1 2020