Authored in partnership with The Salvation Army! This rapid-response field manual is designed for volunteers who want to assist in the recovery efforts of hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, fatal car accidents, and more. Includes expert advice from disaster response professionals on what to say and do when you step on the scene of a natural or man-made crisis.
What this resource offers…
- A practical, hands-on field manual to equip volunteers who want to help in the aftermath of a disaster.
- Every solution is backed by:
- Counseling & care tips
- Scripture connections
- Case studies
- Additional resources
- Includes chapters on:
- Crisis of faith
- Financial crisis/material instability/unemployment
- Stress & anxiety/fear
- Managing expectations
- Special needs (children, the elderly)
- Isolation/loss of support system
- Dealing with multi-faith/unchurched issues & worldviews
- Important tips on what to say & do…and what not to say & do.